FastFiber considers that the existence of a sustainability policy is mandatory to guarantee the company’s long-term viability, development and growth and assumes environmental, social and governance (ESG) best practices as a part of sound business management, preserving the Company’s reputation and integrity.
Creating a culture of sustainability requires, in addition to the concern with economic performance, efficient risk management and responsible decision-making that takes into account the well-being of the stakeholders, the community and the environment.
FastFiber makes efforts to minimize the negative impacts on natural resources and the environment, committing itself to the continuous improvement of the ESG performance of the operations and the fulfillment of all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
The ESG Policy is based on the principles and values of ethics and integrity contained in the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct, that guides FastFiber’s activity, and which the Company believes to be the basis for the establishment and consolidation of solid and of trustful relations with all stakeholders.
The Code of Ethics and Conduct, includes Diversion, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) objectives, namely the Anti-Discrimination, Anti-Harassment, and Non-Retaliation policies and enforcement mechanisms.
FastFiber ESG Goals 2022 – 2024
- Reduce the equivalent average monthly water consumed 7,5% by 2023 and 10% by 2024
- Reduce Scope 2 GHG emissions resulting from electricity consumption to zero by 2023
- Reduce the proportion of diesel vehicles in the fleet to 75% by 2023
- Settle a roadmap to achieve net zero carbon by 2050 (including Scope 1,2 and 3 Emissions), in alignment with the following Science Base Targets Initiative (SBTi): Net Zero Standard commitment
- Document and identify the diversion opportunities and practices for landfill waste and establish a company-wide diversion rate by 2023
- Establish and implement preferential waste management practices by 2023
- Develop a preferential procurement policy to source materials made of recycled content or reusable items by 2023
- Have at least 650 training hours per year, gender balanced and including training on ESG
- Have a minimum of 10% of employees under the age of 30 by 2024
- Zero accidents at the office with medical leave
- Zero accidents at the construction
Not to be subject to any material complaint, formal litigation process nor to be considered responsible for any wrongful activity reported through the whistleblower protection program
Highlights of 2022 ESG Report
FastFiber annually produces an ESG Report that analyzes the Company’s activity in the different aspects – Environmental, Social and Governance – in which, for 2022, the following activities stand out:
- The completion of the cable migration project from aerial to ducts, in areas of high forest fire risk
- The adoption of more types of recycled or reusable products in the office
- 100% electricity consumption from renewable sources
- The improvement of Health & Safety processes at the Office and at the Construction Site, with zero accidents/injuries of employees recorded
- The development and availability of an intranet as an internal communication tool and repository of useful information
- The promotion and participation in events and activities, internal and external, including solidarity actions
- The Certification obtained in Quality Management (ISO 9001)
- The participation of the majority of employees in the Cybersecurity training of the National Cybersecurity Center.
Sustainable Development Goals – SDG
The goals defined by FastFiber regarding ESG are in line with the topics chosen by the UN for the promotion of sustainable development (SDG). FastFiber identifies 7 SDG for which it considers having a positive direct impact: